Rain Drop

Bang! Flash! Shake! There was a storm going on in the clouds and all the raindrops were rushing around in panic. But there was one raindrop who was bursting with excitment. she couldn't wait to go to earth.....

"Clatilda, get back to the middle of the cloud so we don't have to fall to earth!" cried Clatilda's mother, Mrs. Beckley. But Clatilda refused to listen. Instead, without even glancing back at her mother, (who was wide eyed with terror) Clatilda jumped off the edge into the blowing wind and whooshed off down to the ground.

SPLASH! "Great" thought Clatilda, greatly disappointed. She had wanted to land in a creek, or the sea. But she had landed in a gutter and was flowing down to the drain. She had wanted to see a shark or a crocodile that her parents had talked about in the clouds but little did Clatilda know that she was about to see something far more exciting......

As she flowed down to the drain she saw small writing on the top of the drain. She couldn't read but this is what she saw-
Leads To Sea. Do Not Dump Junk. Leads To Sea. Do Not Dump Junk.

Clatilda shrugged her shoulders. Then she went down the drain into a waterfall of darkness.......

After about 2 hours of flowing, Clatilda saw a light. Suddenly, she found herself in a giant mass of water. "The sea!" she cried, I'm actually in the sea, she thought to herself.

What she saw in the sea was more than her little brain ever could've imagined. She saw sharks, sea cucumbers, fish, and starfish but she didn't get to see a crocodile.

Then she entered another part of the ocean. It was darker, colder........

Unexpectedley, a large, shadowy figure loomed out of the water ahead. Clatilda's mouth dropped open and she let out a gasp. What she saw infront of her was a whale with it's mouth open,coming straight towards her.

Clatilda couldn't move or cry for help. She was frozen. Then she started to sob,now she was going to die and it was all her fault. If only she hadn't jumped off the cloud in the first place.

Suddenly, she was pushed to the side and when she opened her eyes she found herself staring into the gentle, blue eyes of her father.

Still in the arms of her father with her mother close by, the three rushed out out of the way and before they could say anything, it all went into a blur.

When she woke, Clatilda was in her bed and her father and mother were close by. "We Evaporated" said her father, "Thank You" whispered Clatilda softly.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!