The Fireman And The Kitten

It was after 2pm and I was sitting in the fire station bored. I finally got a call. My partner and I went out, luckily able to put out the fire. Then I had to go inside the house. The house blew hot air onto me as I walked through the house. The smells would have been smokey. The sounds were chaotic, there were sirens and people screaming.
I walked into the house feeling really nervous about what I would find. I saw ashes scatted on the floor. I walked into a small room to check that everything was okay. I looked around there was a small dark figure on the floor. I took a closer look it was a small kitten that looked around 12 months, it was just lying on the floor still as anything. I was so devastated. I picked kitten with the hope that it wasn’t dead.
I tapped the fireman that was in the same as me, on the shoulder. I quickly rushed outside to the loud, red fire engine. I quickly grabbed the animal first aid kit. I put the small mask on the kitten nose, and then my partner gave me some water and a small towel. I wet the small flannel and cleaned the kittens, sad, depressed small face.
People were looking at me worried, they were probably wondering whether the kitten was alive or not. I thought that the kitten wouldn’t make it. But then I saw the kitten’s small front legs stretch out I cleaned him once more, then I put him into my arms to keep the kitten warm. Luckily no one was hurt but ambulances came just in case people breathed in too much smoke. But everything was fine except for the house.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!