EVERYONE'S HERO

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition


I was sitting at the fire station when all of a sudden I see the phone vibrate like mad. I answered the phone with my hand shaking in fear, there was an elderly lady screaming and saying that her neighbour’s house is burning quick and that my crew needed to hurry and get there before the house turns to a flat land of nothing. I jumped in the firetruck and also brought four other members with me, I thought that if I brought three other towels with me I could be prepaid for any injuries.
As we left the station we were weaving in and out the traffic as fast as we could. Every other car stopped immediately when they heard the roaring sirens. They were all steering at me like my crew and I did something wrong. I felt like I was breaking the law when I zoomed past the red light, I guess I was just nervous about the burning house and the fact that there was an elderly lady screaming like mad on the phone.
When I arrived at the house I took the towels out and dumped them on the smoky floor. When I reached over to grape my gas mask I got a good whip of the thick smoke in my nostrils. I could also hear the loud sirens as they drove past me. As I entered the house I turned on my bright torch.
I was in the house searching for any clues to how the deadly fire started. I saw a flood of ash scattered all over the floor, things half burnt. I didn’t hear or see that anyone was stuck in the burnt house.

I kept on wondering through the house. In the corner of my eye I saw a small room. At the front of the small dark room there was a few bites and pieces of paper, I moved it eminently and I found a small pasted out kitten. I checked the poles and the poles were lost. There were so many emotions going through my head. When I blinked a small tear rushed down my side of my face. I picked up the poor looking cat and took it outside.
I grabbed one of the towels that I brought alone with me; I also grabbed some icy cold water. Then I generally put the soft towel on the cat and started pouring the water on the cat and the towel, the cat also had oxygen to help operate the cats heart.in the flash of lighting the cats heart was pumping. My crew took the cat to the vet. The owner finally came and the day was saved by the crew.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!