Ocean Ray

“AHHHHH” my friends and I start screaming, we can’t see our friend playing in the ocean anymore. There are razor sharp rocks and huge rips that will take her out to sea and we will never see her again. We keep looking but we can’t see her anywhere.

Amy, Dylan and I set out to the beach for the day, for a morning of fun. We start swimming and making sand castles.

We are out surfing. We decide to go and have some juice and sandwiches on the beach. I look out at the big waves on the surf beach. The white caps are crashing, getting harder and harder. It’s getting too dangerous to swim or surf.

Then Dylan realises that something is missing. “It’s Amy” we scream. “Where is she?” Dylan shouts. “Should we go out to sea to try and find her?” I ask. “NO” shouts Dylan with steam about to come out of his ears. But we go looking anyway because we want our friend back and not lost forever. “Let’s go” I yell at the top of my voice. We are swimming out to sea and the waves are crashing into our faces and it hurts. I yell at Dylan “I’m not a good swimmer” but I can’t hear a reply and I can’t see Dylan either. I’m on my own now.

I want to go back to the shore now but I can’t. Out of the corner of my eye I catch sight of a boat. I start splashing and yelling. The boat gets closer and closer and I jump on the back and say to the man “Got no time to lose. Two friends are overboard, roaming around in the ocean”. We start searching. We have been out for three hours now. We head back to shore and head home. I’m so worried. I hear a voice that sounds like my friends, and I am so glad to find out that they were rescued too and are home safely as well.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!