Was It A Dream?

It all happened when I was walking to school. I walk to school every single day with my annoying brother Julien. I was walking home. I was ahead of Julien, for like, the first time ever! I ducked behind a bush so I could surprise Julien. As soon as I was fully out of sight I settled down. I waited. I suddenly found myself falling! I shrieked. I was definitely NOT asleep! This was NOT a dream! My thoughts swirled. I felt faint.
I stood up and rubbed my bottom. I groaned.
“Where am I?” I said aloud. Nobody answered.
I crept around the large space and found a hidden entrance. I raced out the door and ran away from this place. I didn’t pass anybody on the road. This place really was creepy. I flew down the road, past houses and shops, my curly blonde hair flying out behind me.
I skidded to a halt just outside a forest. This was not a pretty forest. It was spooky. The trees had almost no leaves, and when they did, they had huge leaves. There was no grass. The ground was bare. There was a small narrow path leading into the forest. I hesitated before walking down the path.
I ran further into the forest. I tripped and landed flat on my face. I touched my face gently and winced. I dropped my hand. I groaned. Mum was going to be so mad with me! I would be grounded for months! I had almost wrecked my school uniform and I was ridiculously dirty. I walked forward slowly.
I turned a corner and just about fell off a cliff! I tried to scream, but no sound came out. I was too terrified to move. I just stood there on the edge of the cliff for what seemed like an age. I finally regained use of my legs and moved backwards. I stumbled over a stone. I almost fell over. I turned around and headed back the way I had come.
I plodded warily along the path. I came to a fork that I hadn’t noticed earlier. I wasn’t surprised that I hadn’t noticed it. It was covered by bush. I pushed the bushes aside and wandered down the path.
I walked through the forest until I reached the village again.
“I’ve just walked around in a huge circle!” I groaned. It was becoming dark. I decided to spend the night in the cave. I began to trudge back.


I found the exact spot that I had landed. I stood under it, trying to figure out how I got into this strange land. As I did so, a whirlwind picked me up and took me away.


I found myself back in the human world, and I was still crouching behind the bush. Nothing had changed! I stood up, dizzy. I began to travel home. This was a mystery, but I intended to find out how it had happened. Someday…



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!