Pip Goes To Hospital

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

This is a story about a six-year-old fairy called Pip. She is small with blonde hair and usually wears her favourite green flowery dress that she got for her birthday.
Today Pip was scared. She was going to hospital for the very first time. Pip had to go to hospital because she had broken her wing when she got stuck in a rainstorm and her wings got wet. And as everyone knows, a fairy’s wings are so light and delicate that even raindrops can make them break.
When she got into the hospital she met the Doctor Fairy. The doctor was tall with short dark hair that curled up at the ends and kind, indigo-coloured eyes. The Doctor Fairy was wearing a white dress made out of lace from a spider’s web and a stethoscope around her neck. Pip felt less scared because the doctor was so nice to her and had a lovely smile.
First of all, the doctor gave her a blood test to check she has ok. Her wing hurt very much, but Pip was brave and she only said a small, “Ouch!” when the doctor had to put a needle in her wing to fix the tear that the raindrops had made.
The doctor left once she had finished the operation and Pip lay in her hospital bed. The nurse came with some food and some medicine to help her wing to feel less sore. After she had gone, Pip’s friends Zoe and Sophie came to visit her and asked if she was okay. “I am, but my wing hurts a lot, and I don’t like being wet.” Pip replied (but she was starting to dry out and the medicine was helping to take the pain away). Soon after, another friend arrived. His name was Brion. He had brought Pip a pack of UNO cards as a get-well present and they all played a game of UNO together. It was a lot of fun and helped Pip forget about her sore wing.
After her friends had left, Pip had a little nap and when she woke up she felt much better. Pip’s time at the hospital was done. When she got home she felt very happy to be there. Her wing was better and she wasn’t sick or hurt anymore. She told her mum all about her day at the hospital and then went to bed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!