Eglantria

It was my first time at the city of Eglantria,a city full of vampires,witches,warlocks and wizards.I instantly felt at home as I Celesia Crumber-Stone am a vampire,but unfortunately I am also orphan,who has been brought up in the bustling city of New York.Not even once had my eyes met with one of my own kind.Eglantria has very interesting history,about the Eglantree,(a magical tree that really talks),the history of Eglantria State Collage,the Bumpa Bus and many other amazing things.To be honest the history of Petal Wyhite was and still is my favourite,she was about 14 years old,only about a year older than me,and yet princess,or should I say queen of all supernatural kind.I've read all the books about Petal and the sad start to her life,like me she too is an orphan,and a vampire,we are so alike! I might,possibly,get to meet her or even shake her hand,or even her autograph.
So there I was pushing my way through the huge crowd (it looked like the whole Eglantria was waiting for Petal's arrival) finally I was close enough to see the front of the palace gates.Everyone stared at the gates,but to their surprise a fleet of dragons dropped from the sky and on some of the dragons sat Neddle West,Martha Starwick,Kevin Marvel,Susan Green...and Petal Wyhite.
"The Prophecies!",I whispered to myself.
Petal and the rest of the Prophecies jumped off their dragons,they weren't wearing elegant party outfits nor were the girls wearing any makeup.Everything was totally the opposite to what I expected.They were all dressed in their fighting clothes (the type heroes wear in the movies).Petal said her speech,
"I am so happy to see all these excited faces ",she said,she was looking in my direction as if she was only talking to me.
Then Martha said her speech,oh and how did I not know that her waist was only a bit bigger than my thy,I felt my mouth slowly forming particularly large O,I quickly covered it with my hands,Martha gave me a sweet smile as if she totally understood.The similar thing happened with the rest of the Prophecies.I actually got to go inside Petal's palace and have dinner with her.It has been about twenty years since I made my first trip to Eglantria,and even now I'm still in contact with Petal,and how sweet her little daughter Kirsten is.How funny I used to be when I was little.I don't live in New York any more.My children would rather live in Eglantria,for Eglantria is an amazing place.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!