Hazel And I

5,4,3,2,1 blast off!!!! I'm soaring through the air! Away from home away from my island and all the way to the moon! Wait a sec, is that my alarm clock. "Time to wake up sunshine". Mum has now entered my room. I yawn clumsily and fall out of bed then scramble back in. I live in the middle of nowhere with my twin brother and sister (Maddie and Joey) as well as my mum and Hazel. I'm Stacey and this is the story of my adventure. Hazel is my identical twin, we do everything together even after the tournament.

Let me restart I woke up one morning feeling bright and happy it was the last day of school! Holidays were only a few hours away. Hazel and I shared a bed and she was just waking up. "What's the time" she asked from under a the sheets pretending to be tired. I could tell by her voice that she wasn't as excited as I was. "It's Holiday time" I replied. She uncovered her sheets so that you could see her eyes. She was scared? I knew why. There were some boys down the street that had been teasing her her l like to call them skinny and bony. One time she came home with a broken wrist. She had been having nightmares all week. It made me want go up to those boys and scream . I had an idea - every Thursday she went to hip hop and I went to karate. Hazel and I looked exactly the same so if I went to her dance practice and she went to my karate class then she could learn to stand up for herself. She smiled but her smile faded quickly "don't you have a completion this week" "Oh yeah" I replied. She picked up a light bulb and put it over head I have an idea. "Girls" mum called you've been up there for ages your breakfasts getting cold. She put down the light bulb and we raced up the hall. "Mum" asked Hazel curiously "how much does dance class cost" "$250 per a month" she replied "what about karate class" I asked playing along "$95 per a month" she replied.
Nobody said anything else about it but we knew what we were doing. After school we headed straight to karate class we stayed for the extra class and by then I had earned a purple belt and was allowed to enter the tournament. Early the next morning Hazel,mum and I head off for karate. We change into our uniform and take our place in the stands. First up is Hazel doing board breaking she steps up and with all her might she slams her hand down on the board and screams. The karate instructor takes one look at her hand and announces its broken. We head off for the hospital. I feel bad for Hazel but I am really disappointed that I can't take place in the tournament.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!