The Trouble Makers

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

My best friend’s name is Meg. She is 19 and very different from any other 19 year old girls. She is skinny, tall and a brunette. She is the bubbliest person you will ever meet. She has two older twin brothers, Bob and Paul. The first time I met Bob, he seemed strong, tough and mean on the outside. With all those muscles, that scowl he wears on his face and the stern way he talks, like he’s going to knock you out if you don’t listen. He turned out to be everything I thought he would be, in a good way. Paul on the other hand, is kind, thoughtful and smart. He is always smiling and helping people out. It’s funny how both of them are twins, 21 I think. But they are inversely different. Bob listens to no one but Meg and Paul. The three of them have this weird bond between them. But I’ll tell you one thing, you don’t leave your prize winning cake alone with those three around.
It was a beautiful spring day and the town’s annual baking contest was a day away. I was home studying when I got a phone call from Meg. “Jenny, I need your help!” She said slightly panicked.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“Bob and Paul stole my essay and wouldn’t give it back. I started chasing them around the house, when we got to the kitchen I started throwing fruit at them. But what I didn’t realise was that Bob was standing in front of my mum’s prize cake. So when he ducked to dodge the apple, it smashed her cake and I don’t know what to do! So get over here now!” She explained.
When I got there they had started to bake a new cake. They had destroyed their mother’s cake. So I started to help. We ended up having a huge food fight, flour was everywhere and we forgot about the time, so the cake burned. Their mum was going to be home in an hour and now we only had a destroyed cake, burnt cake, but an upside down kitchen to fix, before she got home.
“What happened to the cake?” Their mum asked. Paul explained what happened and then she said, “Well, I hope you have learned a lesson about throwing things in the house, and for your sake you should be lucky. I baked two cakes and this was the emergency one.”
Those three seem to be drawn to trouble, because either they purposefully cause it, or it just seems to find them. I guess that’s what you get when you put people who are smart, bubbly and mean together. You’ll end up with trouble makers.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!