Lava Run

I was holding the jagged rocks of the cliff. I climbed higher and higher. Lava bubbled beneath me. I suddenly slipped and plunged to the lava below. I was going to die.
"AAAARRRRRRGH!" I screamed in frustration as the lava rose around me. I slammed the computer shut and stomped off to my room. I climbed up onto my bed and smashed my face on my pillow. "Beaten by my own game! AGAIN!" I screamed into my pillow. You see, I used coding on a website called 'Scratch' to create a game which I couldn't beat at all.
My name is Ethan Clark. I work hard doing chores at home because it is nearly the only way to earn time on my iPod or the computer. This was computer time I was using. I'm in year 5. I'm saving up for a computer but only have $35.
After recovering from my loss on my game (and also thinking about deleting it), I hopped back on the computer to go back on Scratch and can you guess what I did? I deleted the game! Wiped from the system's memory! Gone! Never to be seen again. I then screamed even louder in frustration than before. I didn't think. I had deleted a game I spent ages on. Oops.
I started to recover my game, connecting block after block. When I finished it, I clicked the green flag to test the game. A message popped up. It said, 'reality checker 3 leta bb6.' What the heck? That's when the room got boiling and my vision blurred. Then it turned cold again. I looked at the grey rocky cliff all around me. A red liquid started to flood from the middle of the floor. It hit my hand and I yelped in pain. It was lava! I ran to the cliff and started to climb.
I climbed up the cliff getting higher and higher. The lava bubbled underneath me. This wasn't my game! It was real! The rocks pierced my hands as I climbed higher and higher. I noticed the spot where the system on the game made the character slip. Hopefully that wouldn't happen to me. That's when I slipped.
I fell down looking for a rock to grasp. I grabbed the wall and stopped falling instantly. I climbed up again, with the lava slurping at my feet. I was going to die.
The thought of death made me climb faster than ever before. The lava started to gain on me. I saw the top of the cliff was only metres away. I was getting really tired. My hands reached the top and I lay down my head. The lava covered my legs as my vision blurred again.
I found myself sitting at the computer, without a scratch. I stared at my game on the computer, which was showing on the game screen the words 'YOU WIN!' I would never forget this.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!