Last Hope

I sat down, the breeze blowing my hair into my face. We were both exhausted him less than me, leaving him with the advantage. “You are just a weak little girl who can’t even use her powers for long. You will never be able to save the human race for you’re the only one who can fight me.” He said in his deep, dark voice. I know that I may not be able to defeat him but I was sure not giving up without a fight. “I may be weak, I may be young but I will never let you take over the world.” My answer shocked him and obviously angered him. I stood up and got into my fighting stance. The people around me started cheering and giving me extra hope. I gathered all my energy and created a ball of pure power directing it towards him. He was quick and got a weak power ball in response making it more powerful as he fought. I was growing weaker every second but did not give up and kept pushing myself. I could feel myself fading from the loss of power and energy but that did not stop me for I could not let this world become a slave to one man. I pushed even harder earning a grunt from the man who was struggling to hold his power with me pushing against him. I was becoming transparent now, could see my hands becoming see through as the people around me gasp. Until one person in the crowd shouts my name. Soon enough the whole crowd is chanting “ROSE ROSE ROSE ROSE.” With a last burst of energy and power I pushed the man to the ground using a bubble to trap him. I drained all of his power and energy causing him to disappear into a fine mist. The crowd went wild and surrounded me but I was too weak to stand any longer so I collapsed onto the ground. I was now nearly invisible and the people around me stopped cheering. One little girl came up to me and gave me a hug. All the other children formed a circle and gave me a hug too, tears visible in their eyes. The adults were standing there some with silent tears streaming down there face and others were struggling to hold them in. “It will be ok now. You’re all safe.” I told everyone as I faded completely. “You’re all safe now.” I echoed with the last of my strength, letting darkness cloud my vision.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!