The "Bad Boys"

I lift my head, scanning the faces of the new arrivals. They slowly looked around the classroom, making eye contact with the sea of faces in front of them. The boy at the front, presumably the leader, had jet black hair and blue eyes. He looked around the room and when his eyes landed on me he slowly grinned, revealing his supernaturally sharp canines. Damn It! I thought to myself they’re fudging werewolves. The leader’s eyes flickered back to the teacher and he stalked forward, handing her a note. While she read the note, I looked at the rest of the trio. They all had blue eyes but one of them, the taller of the two, had short curly brown hair and glasses. I have to say that he looked the nerdiest but the shorter of the two looked like the sporty one that didn’t know much and was there to just look intimidating, with his short dark brown hair and body-melting glare.
They looked like a stereotypical group of “Bad Boys,” but I could guarantee you that they knew way more than was expected. The teacher pointed to the three remaining seats in the class and that’s when I realized that the only seats were next to me. Yay! I exclaimed sarcastically in my head. They walked over and said nothing as they sat down. After that the class went by really quickly. The bell blared throughout the school and I left as quickly as possible, hoping to leave before the guys could catch up. I had to go to my locker and since I could hide behind the door, I watched as the guys came out of the class looking confused as they looked for me. I slammed my locker shut, going into a full blown sprint to get to my house, sensing that they were following. A hand wrapped around my upper arm. I’m not even out of the blooming school yet! I thought to myself as I was slammed into a row of lockers.
‘You’re different aren’t you? Who and what are you?’ The leader demanded of me. I glared at him, grabbing his upper arms and, in front of his pack, slammed him into the lockers.
‘You first, Richard; you and your pack invaded MY territory, not the other way round!’ My voice vibrated into the lockers, sending a small, shudder-like ripple through them.
‘My name is Thane (I’m the Alpha), the guy with the glasses is Rourke (My Beta) and the other guy is Tom (My best warrior). We came here to have a look; we didn’t know that this was your territory.’ The leader, Thane, explained. ‘Your turn.’ he said.
‘My name is Cat, I am the equivalent of an Alpha around here.’ I returned the favour of an explanation. Thane brushed off his shirt as I let go, his eyes gleaming with curiosity as he studied my face, and I knew that life with them around would be an adventure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!