Nic Stoneman Super Boy

It all started one stormy night, Nic was lying on his couch watching his favourite television show curling his wavy blonde hair around his fingers, thinking about what prank he could pull on his sister. But his mum’s shout broke his thoughts. “Nic! Bed time.” “But mum,” Nic moaned. “No buts,” his mum said calmly. “Coming,” he dragged himself up the stairs. He lay in bed twisting and turning trying to get to sleep, he couldn’t so he turned on the television. The news was on, two robbers had broken out and were hiding in the shadows. Nic couldn’t get to sleep after that, so he went downstairs and had a glass of milk then brushed his hair, but the brush got stuck on something, it was bubblegum. He knew it was his big sister Sue. “Time for payback,” he whispered.
The next day as he walked onto the school bus, his annoying big sister said, “Like your early birthday gift?” This was my chance to get her back. “Hey Sis, there’s Jack eating your lunch.” “Not falling for it Bro.” “Hold my hand,” a sharp zap went through his body. “Joy Buzzer!” Sue yelled. “Very funny Sue.” He was still shaken by the time they reached school. Sue was curling her long blonde hair, her dark blue eyes twinkled in the light as she laughed at him.
When Nic got home from school, his Uncle Ben was there, he was staying the night. His uncle was tall like Nic and had brown hair and green eyes, he was the best Uncle ever. Nick was in bed later that night thinking about how much fun he’d had with his Uncle, when out of the bushes came two shadows, they opened his window and climbed in. Nic used his super powers to throw heavy furniture at them, there was a loud moan as one fell out the window. ‘Ouch!’ Nic thought. “I’ll get you for this,” the robber cried. The robber, still standing, pulled his mask off, he had a scar down his eye. Nic’s mouth dropped as he grew taller and puffed his chest out like he was going to hurt him. Nic curled himself into a ball, but nothing happened. Nic heard a loud burp! It smelled like a dead rat, he nearly fainted. Then he used his powers to throw the baddy into the door then made a run for it, the man was right behind him. ‘The stairs!’ Nic thought, he got down low and stuck his leg out, the thief dived down the stairs head first. But wait, he got up. “Come on!” Nic cried. Then the kitchen door opened, it was Uncle Ben, he whacked the thief in the head and he dropped to the ground, he had been knocked out. Uncle Ben called the police and the two robbers were taken back to jail.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!