Under My Bed

Under my bed there are loads of scary things and when I say scary I mean scary, REALLY scary. Like monsters and trolls and people that want to grab at my ankles and drag me into a big black hole... My name is Matilda but all my friends call me Tilly or Matilly and I am really scared of the dark, especially when the biggest storm ever is going on outside, like last night.
I said goodnight to my parents, brushed my teeth and leapt into bed so that the things under it couldn’t grab at my ankles. And then it started. The first clap of thunder was huge and shook the entire house. I swear that I saw something run out from under my bed, but that was just the start. It bucketed down all night and my room filled with light many times as lightning struck nearby. I heard many sounds that night but nothing caught my attention like the whining and moaning coming from under my bed. What could it be? A monster, a troll? Or what? That is what I though before it started again!
Oh no! Damn bladder, now I need the toilet! I carefully swung my legs down beside my bed, and ran like the wind to the dark, dank and disgusting bathroom. I had just finished my business when the groaning continued, this time it was louder! I needed to investigate. Actually…maybe I should just get dad…No! I needed to do this myself. I cautiously, quietly crept into my room and strained to hear. What? Sweet wrappers? What were they…?
Oh no! I gasped, thinking from my stash from last Easter, somebody was eating them! For some reason all the fear drained from my body. All I cared about now was my chocolates and who was eating them this late at night! There was a crackling of wrappers as I dove under the bed, right on top of something warm… and small! Felix?! What was he doing under my bed? And then I remembered my chocolates and the groaning. I dragged him out, him sobbing, me shouting. Then he dashed out of the room straight to the toilet! Yuck! I covered my eyes as the contents of his stomach were emptied onto the toilet in one multi-coloured mush.
I think he was expecting some warm sisterly hug because he them nestled into my stomach crying softly. I stepped back, “That is just what you deserve,” I screamed, “what were you thinking you idiot, how did you know they were under there?” I shouted louder than the thunder outside.
“I…I heard you t…talking to S…Susie,” he stuttered. Oh I am such an idiot! I thought, slapping the palm of my hand against my forehead in rage.
“Just give me all your pocket money and I’ll let you off with a warning.” I demanded wearily.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!