FEAR

FEAR

Fear is something we all have and there is no real way of stopping it unless you’re just not afraid, as I will show you with this story. Long ago this house was, or at least they thought it was, haunted, because every midnight there was a ghostly moan and the child always wet his bed without knowing it, until one night the child stayed up until the ghostly event happened and nobody ever saw him again. Some thought he became a ghost himself or he was so frightened he died, then the ghost took his body. But nobody took action.
I was his friend and I was sure I was going to find out what had happened, so I started looking around the house to see if there was anything that could maybe give me a clue, but all I found was a note - a note he wrote, but it looked old like it was here before he was born, so really he was maybe still alive. He wrote this:
Dear Sam,
I am still alive but I am not near you. I’m away but at the same place as you are.
Sam always liked riddles. I wondered what it meant. So he is not dead but he is away, so Sam, this is your hardest riddle yet. He has to be in a different time that’s it! He has gone back in time - that explains why the paper is so old. I got to work. Soon I finished building my time machine. “That’s it for this time!” I say and go through to a different time but at the same place. After I came through the other side, I saw a whole different world but really it’s the same world but older. I started to search for Sam to see if I had come back to the right time (I am in the 1800s), but I realized that the old books in the library weren’t yellow like the note, so I decided to go back (man time talk is tricky). I decide to go to the 1900s. Look there`s Sam, oh thank goodness you found me I have been trapped here for 3 years now. What about the ghost is he dead? I ask. Sam replies, “No but he is mixing up time. He is showing old objects to future people and showing new tech to the old.”
“That’s enough,” I said, “and let me guess, the world will blow up?”
“Exactly! “
Then what are we waiting for !!!!
Into the time machine we hop and we go to the future.
“Look he is showing it to them.”
Then I shout, “Don`t listen to him!”
He disappears into mist. He is probably going into the past.
“Let’s go! No time to spare!”
Then there is a rattle on the ground and it splits to the past. We fly into the ghost and when we hit it, he evaporates. So now time has been restored!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!