Lost

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Dad started howling like never before, ”Howloo, Howloo”. I wondered why he was so upset? I ran as fast as I could to my father. I was trying to find him, I looked everywhere from, the massive bushes too the rain dropping leaves on the ginormous trees.
Then I got lost. I couldn't remember the path? I am supposed to have an adult wolf with me, but I was nowhere to be seen. I kept walking, I got tired then even more tired. I was walking for ages, I've never walked so far in my life! I unexpectedly fell asleep on a beautiful, shiny, emerald stone. I woke up the next morning and I was not on the beautiful emerald stone anymore I was in an emerald kingdom! It was a truly amazing, but the only dilemma was that, I actually had no idea where I was?
All I could see were humans and heaps of animals, but I didn't see any wolfs like myself? I was pretty mad that there wasn't any wolfs. My father told me that every single wolf knows my father. The wolfs would know if my father is dead, alive, safe or hurt.
Anyway, I kept on walking. Till I heard, “SSSSSSSSS.” I started to get a bit scared because I have never heard that sort of sound where I lived, all I heard was wolfs howling that was all I heard.
The next day, I just kept walking getting more and more lost, but I came across a beautiful golden horse unexpectedly… The horse told me, “You’re actually getting somewhere.”
As I was about to ask him “But, how am I getting somewhere?” he was gone as if he was a ghost.
I kept on wondering about a multiple of things like, where is my father, am I lost or not, why was there only humans and other animals at the emerald kingdom and not any wolfs at all?
I've got so much things going round and round in my mind I just ‘fainted’. I dreamt, that my father was in the emerald kingdom, but it felt real for some reason, it felt like that was where my father was. I woke up and I suddenly followed where my dream took me.
I actually started hearing my father howling again, but it felt like he was way closer than last time I heard him howl.
Then I finally found him! I didn't find him in the massive bushes or the ginormous rain dropping trees. I found him in the emerald kingdom, just like I imagined/dreamt. It felt amazing after days and days I finally found him I know why there was only humans and other animals at the emerald kingdom.
What happened was, my father wanted some more animals/humans to get to know me, so if I ever got lost they would know who I was. The only problem was that my father was lost (in his mind) because there was so many people and other animals at the emerald kingdom, he couldn't quite tell them because there was so many people and animals.
So now I've pretty much got it all worked out! My father told me that he was howling, because he was either, calling the all the animals of the kingdom to come for an important meeting, or, he was really hurt. He told me that he called a meeting with all the animals in the kingdom, so that's why he was howling so much!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!