Edgebot And The Robber

Once upon a time, there was a little boy robot whose name was Edgebot.
He loved being called ‘daredevil’ because that’s what he was.
This is the story of how he stopped a robber from stealing ‘Power Crystal’, the thing that controlled all robots. This is how the story goes.

“Mother! Mother! I just beat robber 42 on the Xbox!’ cried little Edgebot.
“Yes dear, I know,” answered his mother, “Now play with your toys. I’m very busy here as you can see.”

Soon later … “Mother! Mother! Someone robbed the house last night and stole some of my toys!” cried Edgebot.
“Uh huh,” said his mother, clearly unconcerned and obviously distracted.
Edgebot had seen the robber’s fingerprints, pieces of his torn shirt and one hair in the toy drawer.

20 years later, when Edgebot was a police officer …
“I’m on the right track, I think,” said Edgebot as he sneaked ‘round a corner.
Then in front of him, he saw The Shop of Wonders: a shop with lots of amazing and very, very old artefacts.
Inside the shop, he saw a flash of the robber holding Power Crystal.
Suddenly, Power Crystal made a net fall over the robber! “You’re under arrest!” said Power Crystal.
Edgebot knew that the robber would soon get himself free so he arrested him.

At Robotworld’s most famous place, Edgebot got a medal for capturing the robber.
“Hooray! Hooray! Edgebot saved us! Hooray!” cheered the audience.
“Settle down, settle down,” said the announcer.
“Anyway…” In prison … “Grr, I’ll get Edgebot one day. Soon he will pay!!!!!” shouted the robber.

THE END. But not for long …

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!