Zip It

“Be quiet!” I roared as a monster sized tongue was launched at my fore head. The monster frog, small and smart as it was, shot back into the pound as if it was Tarzan
I slipped through the stainless steel framed window and followed it into the agile filled pond. I was sure that kit grinned at me with its large and insignificant jaw of fly guts.
I called it STICK IT. Most frogs are small and stupid as they seem but STICK IT was the opposite of that hi was massive and brainy.
After I got to the pond I took my chance to catch him but missed, so I got up and ran after him. Every step was like someone was snapping a dry twig and STICK IT sprung closer to the river. He jumped I leaped and we both ended up being drenched in the fast flowing river. I was drowning he was on a lily pad floating past. I was so mad i grabbed a twig and pull myself out of the current controlled water. But he was gone….. I was too late. “The world won’t sleep with STICK IT around….” I muttered to myself
I heard the snap of a twig and saw light coming my way. In a flash I ran so whoever it was wouldn’t find me. Soon I ran in to some black berry bush and was stuck. The sound of snapping twigs sound got louder that’s when I heard the sound of radios. A couple of park ranger came crashing through the bushes with torches and demanded to know why I was out here in three in the morning.
I explained what happened but they didn’t care about something destroying the world. They only cared about their park.” Why don’t you just go back home and play you I pad.”
As I was walking home I was sure that a frog (quite possibly STICK IT) grinned at me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!