JONAH MAN ……And The Big Bum Band

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Once there was a boy called Jonah. He loved to rock. Jonah lived with his mean aunt and uncle. They were very fat. One day Jonah received a letter. It said “Dear Jonah, you are invited to come to Heroes School to learn how to use your powers and become a Super Hero”.
Jonah was confused. He wasn’t a super hero. He ran to the school and showed the note. They said, “Go to the class on the floor number 5”. He found the class and went inside. It was the most amazing thing he had ever seen. “Jonah”, said a man behind him. “Welcome to Heroes School”. “You want to learn to use your super powers?” “What super powers do I have sir and what is your name?” “I am Mr Bum and you have jolly good powers, but I can’t tell you them, you need to unlock them”, and then he walked off.
What did he mean, thought Jonah? He went over to see what everyone else was doing. First he went over to a kid with a frizzy afro. He was the only other kid in the class. “Hi”, he said. “I’m glad I’m not the only kid in the class anymore”. “What’s your name?” asked Jonah. “Oh me, I’m Joe and you?” “I’m Jonah”. “What are your super powers?” asked Jonah. “I can stretch myself as far as I want’. “You can stretch yourself as far as you want!” said Jonah “show me”. THEN…
Joe stretched his arm all the way to the other end of the class. Jonah was amazed. Then Joe asked, “WHAT are your powers?” “I don’t have any”, said Jonah.
Then ALERT, ALERT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL. “It must be Evil Eye see you later”, said Joe and good luck on unlocking your powers”.
Then Jonah did the most stupid thing ever. He ran outside and before he knew it he was flying in front of a giant robot. He flew straight to the robot and Jonah had such a power packed punch he smashed the steel of the robot. “He has unlocked his powers”, said Joe. “Jonah Man”, yelled Evil Eye. “You know how much power I have”. Evil Eye ran away with his giant robot. “HORRAY Jonah ”, the crowd shouted out.
Jonah remembered he had to do a rock concert. He looked at his watch and he had a few minutes to make it on time but luckily he could use his new super powers to get there. At the rock concert he saw the Bum Band. They were weird. “What are you guys doing?” asked Jonah and suddenly there were huge bums trying to take over. Jonah got sucked into the bum. It was disgusting. Jonah used his super powers and managed to get out. Then he grabbed the bums and put them on Uranus. But they are still alive waiting for their mighty good revenge on Jonah and planet earth.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!