A Dark Night

Wind howled against the window as I slept,my paws and tail felt like they were made of ice. I got up and stretched out my stomach felt like an empty bucket I walked over to my food bowl it said on it in black writing kitty cat bowl,I got bored of reading that ages ago I turned my eyes into the bowl the contents had been eaten and was starting to smell. ”CRASH” an ear splitting noise went through the house I ran over to the open window my heart pumping with fear then then a great dark figure dashed into the room and locked it’s eyes on me it snarled then bounded towards me,I jumped right out of the house the wind whistling in my ears then I whacked my head on a tree I was going to die and I landed and ran for my life. I ran for hours trying to get away from the monster I went into the garden of a house I was getting dizzy and needed a rest then I collapsed on the porch and blacked out.

I woke up and found myself in a bundle of blankets near a nice warm fire the heat made my inside feel nice after the cold weather I tried to get up but a piercing pain shot up my leg a voice in the corner of room said”You need rest “ I turned around an old woman sat on a rocking chair I didn’t notice at first but my leg was in a bandage “meow” I asked in a weak voice “you will have to have that on for a few weeks” she said the old woman looked like a nice person so I sat and slept. I was running along a alleyway then a howl came from behind me I kept on running then a pack of red eyes stared at me from the dark gloom. I woke up in panic I looked around I was still in the room but I decided it was time to go back .I got up my leg had a bit of wood supporting it I was surprised it didn’t hurt I walked out the door a breeze of wind blasted me in the face as I walked then a howl went through the night I knew that the monster was back I broke into a sprint I knew it was getting close then I saw the house I ran to the the door then a huge impact hit me in the back I was dazed then a figure stepped over me picked me up and brought me into the house I looked up and saw the person a burst of happiness went through me as I saw my owner and they were caring for me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!