Watched

My whole life I have been haunted by a creepy feeling I am being watched. Watched since I was a baby, watched while I blew out my candles for every birthday, every birthday until my 18th when this whole being watched thing was about to become a lot more personal. It all started when my dad gave me a house, in the middle of nowhere, with no mobile service and no neighbour for about 7 miles, or so I thought...
Once I had settled into my new house I saw a silhouette that looked like a human but not quite. Every day for the next month the figure came closer and closer, until one day when a huge lighting storm engulfed the sky followed by complete darkness, I saw him. Just as the thundercloud was rolling across, I saw he was walking towards my house. I managed to get a quick glimpse of his face. I saw a head like a shark and a body like a human, and then darkness took over. Lightning illuminated the sky again and a loud eardrum breaking thunder crashed over and over throughout the dark blanket above the land. Then I saw his unforgivingly ugly face smash against the window, looking me in the eye with his completely black eyes that were hiding something strange, something dark and something powerful that I couldn't grab with both hands. Next a window smashed behind me and the power went out.
A voice, a spine chilling voice, came from behind telling me who I was, and how I grew up. Telling me everything that had happened in my life to this day and that my life will soon end today. I screamed an ear-piercing scream. Desperate not to die, I grabbed a shiny porcelain vase and smashed it on his hard bony head. I expected him to retaliate but how? He calmly walked away and then scrambled up the walls onto the ceiling beams, and suddenly dropped onto my head, screaming that this is the end! I knew it was the end, but not the end for me! I screamed and asked him what he wanted. He replied with a disturbing answer. He said that what he wanted was for me to die and that he had wanted that every year since I was born; he despised every time I smiled and every second I lived. He said that for me to die would mean he would become free from his curse and that he would be known as Iliya the Illusionist all around the world! He continued that he would have a normal face and all I had to do was die so he could drink my blood and he could be normal. I knew with all my heart that I couldn't let him do that to me. I couldn't leave my loving family. So I slammed Iliya on the cold, hard, wooden ground with all my strength and put him out of his misery forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!