Get It Right


They all looked up at the exacted same time, then they paused, and then they ran. They ran for there lives. Not looking back as they sprinted through the dense forest terrified of what might be following them. ‘What is going on’ gale said ‘stuff like this only happens in movies’ another said hardly able to speak ‘stop’ Tim said ‘its not following us’ ‘we’re safe’ the three collapse in the middle of a clearing it was about 3 km in size breathing heavily and their body's ached from all the running they lay and stare at the stars. Tim remembered he had seen these stars with his father and he smiled ‘Its getting dark we have to start a fire’ Tim said ‘no way did you see that thing we may as well shout hey scary thing come and get us’ Gale shouted.
‘Yes I did but there's no use dying because of being to cold to survive’ Tim shouted.
‘Okay break it up’ ‘there is no point fighting of over a fire but I agree with the one with the blond hair we have to start a heat source or will die’. the girl said in a firm tone
‘Who are you any way? we meet you like five minutes ago we don't even now who you are’
‘What a dumb question think of a better one’.
‘that is a good question, who are you?’ Gale repeated.
‘Still a dumb question don't you know who I am’
‘No idea’ Gale and Tim said in unison.
‘Never mind it doesn't mater’ the girl said in an annoyed tone.
‘she's right we have more pressing matures to attend to weren't we just being chased by the scariest thing I have ever seen and it's still out there’ Tim said.
‘I agree we have to get out here’ Gale said.
‘How’ the girl said.
‘I think I have an idea’ Tim announced ‘there is a cottage some where in this forest my dad took me there and we hunted for rabbits and deer he has a back up gun as well as an emergency escape route in case the police came I mean where not really aloud to hunt in this forest’ Tim continued.
‘What so you’re a criminal’ the girl said.
‘Well I wouldn't call us criminal’ Tim said.
‘You now my dads a police officer he is like the law if you break the law I w...’
‘Okay we can leave you here alone to die or you can look over this lady and come as well’ Tim bargained.
‘you’re smarter then I first expected maybe you can get out of this’ the girl said under her breath.
‘What was that’ Gale said.
‘Nothing’ the girl replied.
‘Well let's get going’ ‘we want to get there as soon as possible ‘Tim said
‘lets get going’ ‘we can survive this’ gale said
‘Yeah we can make this work’ the girl said
‘Let's go’ they said all at once.






FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!