The First Pet

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

There was a boy and his name was Toby. He always wanted a pet. He asked his mum all the time but what did Toby's mum say? "No!" Then he asked one more time and she said "Yes".
"Finally you said yes! Thank you Mum. When are we going?"
"Tomorrow" said his mum. The next day when they woke up Toby's mum got all her money and off they went. When they got to the pet shop Toby had a little look around. Then he found what he wanted. "I want this", said Toby. He looked straight at a little black and brown sausage dog. "Please?" he asked.
"OK" Toby's mum replied. Toby was very excited. When they got home he let the dog out for a run. "Come on" said Toby. The dog bolted then jumped onto Toby. CRASH! Toby fell off the couch. When he calmed down Toby's mum put a bandaid on his knee. "Dinner time" said his mum. When Toby finished dinner he went to his room. Later Tony's mum came up. "Bed time" said his mum. So Toby went to sleep. The next day Toby got up early. Toby knew what happened and he knew mum would not like it. Toby just thought of a name for him, Buddy. But where is he? "Buddy! Where are you". Toby couldn't find him. He started getting worried. Then he tried again then he heard a yelp in his room so he went in there.
"Buddy" yelled Toby. Then out of nowhere Buddy ran out and jumped into Toby's arms. "Buddy I was worried about you. Don't ever do that again" said Toby. As Buddy got older and older he didn't run around as much but he was still a lot of fun. After a while he wanted to look on the calendar. "It's my birthday tomorrow. It's my birthday tomorrow!" said Toby jumping in excitement. The next day it was Toby's birthday. When Toby woke up he ran down the stairs singing "It's my birthday, it's my birthday, it's my birthday" "Bud, come on" so Buddy came bolting down the stairs yelping like crazy. Toby invited all his friends to come to his party at Luna Park. when they got there they went on all the rides but Buddy missed out. So when they got home Buddy was asleep. When he woke up he walked out to Toby and sat down. Then Toby thought of an idea. While Buddy was sleeping Toby and his mum went to the pet shop and bought a girl sausage dog. When they took her home Buddy and her played a lot. Then they thought of a name. It was Stella. After a while Buddy and Stella had a baby. Then it started all over again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!