Lost Puppy

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Long ago there was a little white, furry, puppy named Boo Boo. Boo Boo belonged to a noble couple. Lord and Lady William who lived in a big, gray, ancient castle.
Every evening Lord and Lady William and Boo Boo used to go for a walk in the hills. In the town where they lived, there were very few people around them. Boo Boo really liked to chase butterflies! As Boo Boo as was a very fast puppy, she always used to catch butterflies, but at the end she had to release all those horrified butterflies because Lord and Lady William didn’t want those innocent butterflies to be retained for no purpose.
Sometimes Boo Boo would play on the lawn all by herself. Usually she played with a ball. She liked lots of people around her, but there were not lots of people in their town.
One day Boo Boo was playing on the lawn when suddenly her ball rolled down to the street. And down. And down. Boo Boo ran after her ball, trying to catch it, but she didn’t get it until she went very far away from the castle. Poor Boo Boo, not sure where to go now, (after holding her ball in her jaws). She was so terrified! She kept walking slowly with no idea where to go.
As she walked on and on, it was almost as dark as night. Boo Boo was very badly scared! Suddenly Boo Boo saw a little lodge. She ran towards the lodge as quickly as she could.
Boo Boo stood outside the lodge and started to bark. However, she was a bit uncertain whether it would be safe or not, but she was even more scared of being outside for whole night all by herself!
Boo Boo kept barking as loudly as she could. Then after a moment a young lady peaked out of the door. Since Boo Boo saw the girl she stopped barking. Then the girl came outside and took Boo Boo with her inside the lodge. She fed Boo Boo a bowl of milk and a juicy piece of meat.
Afterwards the girl settled Boo Boo on a warm and cozy cushion to sleep. Boo Boo was very worried and wasn’t feeling pleasant because she was lost and missing Lord and Lady William.
Next morning when Boo Boo and the girl woke up, the girl fed another bowl of milk and a juicy piece of meat to Boo Boo. When the girl went outside of her lodge, she saw a poster placed at the front of her door. The girl quickly took a look at the poster. Then she saw a picture of a little, white, furry puppy which looked the same as Boo Boo. On the poster it was written -“A little puppy named Boo Boo who belongs to the noble couple of the town was lost yesterday evening. Whoever will find her and bring her back to the castle will have a reward of a thousand dollars”.
The girl felt pity for Boo Boo. Therefore she immediately rushed towards the castle holding Boo Boo with her both hands. When Boo Boo saw the castle, she jumped off onto the ground and ran towards the castle, barking. As soon as Lord and Lady William saw Boo Boo, they were feeling grateful and contented. They both cheerfully grabbed Boo Boo and held her in their lap.
The girl was satisfied that Boo Boo was now safe with her owners, so she headed back towards her lodge. Suddenly Lord and Lady William called after her, “Excuse me please. Thanks a lot for bringing Boo Boo to us. We are so grateful to you. We would like to give you the reward for bringing Boo Boo to us.”
Lord and Lady William gave the reward to the girl. After that they went for their evening walk and Lord and Lady William never left Boo Boo all by herself again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!