Jasuoone And The Dark Magic Dwellers

“Oh Pheonix, please come down from there,” shrieked Amberly. A ginormous fire breathing dragon was hanging from the roof, gazing down at her with a playful grin. “Come down now, I need to get to school before class starts,” she repeated, getting annoyed.
Pheonix jumped down onto the rough, dusty surface and bolted towards the chained gates of Masoone State School moving further and further away from Amberly.
She stopped chasing him and lifted her hands in front of herself as if she were waiting for someone to hand her something. She began to swirl her hands around and around each other and suddenly, she rose higher and higher above the ground and with the click of her fingers she launched through the air, landing on top of Pheonix.
“Pheonix, I can’t lose you too!” Amberly said, breaking into tears. It had been seven years since the loss of her parents and Pheonix had been entrusted to Amberly to be her guardian. It was he who will tell her how they escaped that dreadful day, but she hoped it would be many years till then.
By now they had reached the chained gates of Masoone State School and Amberly had quickly forgotten what happened ten minutes ago. As she and Pheonix entered the gates, she felt a chill race down her back as she remembered that there would be an enormous end of year test tomorrow after lunch. She had studied all but one subject. “Pheonix, we need to get to the library now. I need to study for my history test,” said Amberly.
They raced to the library and spotted the history section. When they were picking out the books to study, they noticed a black book with a golden binder titled ‘Jasoone and the Dark Magic Dwellers.’ Curious, Amberly decided to take a look, unknowing to her, that her life was about to change completely
As she opened the mysterious book, dust puffed into her face and the binder creaked with old age. She read for an hour and a half until she finished every word, on every page and every chapter of the book. She closed the book and stood back in shock, confusion and fear. “Pheonix, how did my parents actually die? Is it the one hundredth year? Is he coming for me?” asked Amberly fearfully. The bell rang and there was no talk of it for the rest of the school day.
As soon as school finished, Amberly greeted Pheonix, hopped on his back and flew to a familiar place of Masoone. They came to a halt and Amberly resumed the questioning from earlier today. Pheonix cleared his throat and began explaining. “Your parents and I knew about Jasuoone and his minions. We were having a picnic here until Jasuoone and his minions came. We tried to keep him away from you as he was intending to kill you. Jasuoone conducted his magic and sent it towards you. Your mother and father rushed to intervene and protect you but sadly the magic killed them. I grabbed you and brought you here till the time was right. You must avenge them and destroy him. The time is now. Yes, he is coming for you.”
“I am ready now!” replied Amberly. Pheonix showed her a hidden chest encrusted with rubies, gems, and gold. “Here is your magical gown your parents wanted you to wear on this day,” replied Pheonix eagerly. Amberly opened the chest to reveal a blue silk gown that had countless gems at the bottom. She slipped it on and alighted Pheonix’s back. “I am ready,” she said proudly.
Pheonix flew her to Jasuoone in the Abandoned City of Lindoo. Pheonix spotted him sitting on a broken stone chair starring at them. “Been a long time Pheonix,” bellowed Jasuoone. “Prepare to die Amberly.” He jumped up from his seat and proudly marched out from the sacred walls. Pheonix lowered himself to the ground and Amberly dismounted. She quickly prepared to fight.
Zap! Pow! Shh! Ahhh! “You’re good, but are you good enough!” shouted Jasuoone. He sent another lightning bolt towards her and she sent back fifty thousand golden arrows towards him. She blocked his attack of the lightning bolt with her sandstone wall but unfortunately for Jasuoone he didn’t see the arrows. Alas, they were too fast and he was hit. He fell to the ground defeated, his body turned to dust.
“You did it Amberly! You saved us!” yelled Pheonix.
“Well at least we are safe for the next one hundred years,” replied Amberly, feeling much relieved.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!