Visions In Dreams

In the corner of rosemary street there was a small cream-coloured house. At the entrance was a small room. The room was filled with stars that glistened in the tiny glim of light from outside. A fair girl lay in the soft pink bed that almost disappeared perfectly in its alike surroundings. Suddenly, the girl jerked her slim chocolate brown hair into the air and her emerald green eyes opened almost too quickly to see. Alyssa sat on her bed looking around, panicked and astounded. Oh no! It happened again. It was just six o'clock in the morning and Alyssa had already took off for school. On her way she thought about her recent nightmare, a shiver ran down her spine. In her dream she saw her neighbour Mrs. Smith, she couldn't really see her properly but could hear her shrieks and screams. It petrified her and this wasn't the first time.
Last night she saw the local shopkeeper who got stabbed while closing his store.
“Did you hear about the shopkeeper?” Lily asked.
“Everybody has. It's quite amazing as our town is pretty safe.” Danielle replied. Danielle and Lily were Alyssa's best friends and they were gossiping as usual about the latest news around town. Alyssa felt a sudden urge. She couldn't keep the visions a secret anymore!
“I know about it!” Alyssa squealed.
“Know what?” Asked Danielle rather perplexed.
“About the shopkeeper!” She screamed.
“Everybody does.” Lily said.
“Though I knew it from before. I had a vision and I had another one today.” Alyssa said. Danielle and Lily stared at Alyssa which made her feel quite uncomfortable.
“What was it?” Danielle finally asked.
“It was Mrs. Smith, she was screaming.” She said.
“Well then we better call the police.” Lily said. That evening Alyssa guided the police to the place and they all hid inside. Soon a shady man appeared from the shadows and creeped towards Mrs. Smith’s bedroom, unaware of the other guests present there. He opened the door slowly and suddenly heard Mrs. Smith’s shriek. They all leaped inside just in time and the police caught the uninvited guest.
“Why?” Asked Mrs. Smith. The man looked up and Alyssa gasped.
She knew him, but how? "I asked you for the inheritance but you said no. I figured if I killed you I would be next in line." He said slyly.
“I came to ask you but you were so stubborn that I had no other choice. That nosy shopkeeper heard me and he had to die." Of course, He was her nephew! “Well you won't be getting any inheritance now. You'll be in prison your whole life for attempting murder!” Mocked one of the police officers. “Thank you so much everyone." Said Mrs gratefully.
"That's alright." Said Lilly cheerfully.
"Well we should go now." Said Danielle and exited the room with Lily. Alyssa stood alone, thinking about only one thing, why did she get the visions? She stood there thinking about the mystery, her mystery.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!