The Fox And The Mouse

One cold winter’s afternoon a fox was taking a stroll in the woods .Then out of the mist, came a gang of hunters. They caught the fox and trapped him in a net and hung the net in a tall tree .But while this was happening on the other side of the woods five little mice were playing hide and seek. The mouse who was counting was called Fred. Fred went out to look for his friends, when he saw the fox trapped in a net high in the trees. The fox spotted the mouse and open his big wide jaws. The mouse jumped back, ready to run away. But to the mouse's surprise , as soon as he took one little step away ,the fox started to whine .The little mouse climbed up the tree ,close to the net and said to the fox "I could help you fox " . The fox glared at the little mouse and said "How could you help me, you are so small and I am so big".
Then the mouse had a brilliant idea. "Will have a deal" said the little mouse.
"I'll help you get out of the net and you could promise me, that you won't eat me ". The fox agreed. So the little mouse scurried next to the net and started chewing furiously on the rope .When he was done the net fell to the ground and the fox was free. He jumped on to the closest branch nearby .But as soon as the fox looked down, he started shaking with fear.
The little mouse stroked the fox's back and said "don't worry, I’ll come down with you ". So together, the fox and the mouse climbed down the tall gum tree. The fox thanked the little mouse and they started to go out to look for the other little mice .They all were very surprised to see Fred walking with a fox .But Fred slowly introduced his new friend to his other friends.
One of Fred’s friend Betty asked him "How did you become friends with a fox, he is so big and you are so little and foxes EAT mice!!!" .Then Fred said to his friends "It is the size of your heart that makes a difference, not the size of your body ".
That is how a fox and mouse became best friends.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!