The Secret Door

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

I was walking by the river, I lost my family. It started to rain, my vision blurred. I thought I saw frogs with crowns. I rubbed my eyes. I heard footsteps behind me. My torn clothes were soaked. I ran and ran. I tripped but kept on running. I found a brick castle. I couldn’t help myself; I knocked.
A lovely lady welcomed me in. She dried me and made a bed for me, I watched, confused. She was running around crazy. She was stacking mattresses one on top of the other, when she left to get more mattresses, I snuck out of the room. I ran upstairs and passed a room with a blue door. It was a room more like a never ending forest. Piles of snow covered the ground. I saw many trees.
I stepped in, I looked down at myself, I was wearing a pink woolen skirt and black tights. I touched my head. I had a beanie on. I ran and ran, and this time I was happy. I passed a cave. I heard roaring. A lion came out. I saw a house in the distance, I walked to it. I looked up to the sky, I saw a flying pig holding sticks and straw. Stars twinkled in the sky. I pushed the door open. The sweet smell of porridge wafted out the door. By now I was hungry. In the kitchen, there was a girl with glass slippers on. I looked at the couch, and there sitting on the sofa was Mum and Dad. Then we all heard a roar outside... Uh Oh.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!