Sara's School Adventure

“Sara Jilly Ella Freya the fourth, what are you doing?” Katie protested. Katie’s cheeky fairy friend grinned.
“I’m coming to school with you,” she said mischievously. Katie sighed. Well, she was here now she may as well stay. “Sara, you must promise to stay out of sight,” Katie said firmly. Sara bounced up and down in delight. “Yes Katie! Thank you, thank you!” she said, saluting and ducking back down into Katie’s school bag as Katie shoved it into her locker. She collected her books and left Sara in her locker, hoping she wouldn’t get up to too much trouble.
At recess, Katie returned to her locker and took out her lunchbox. Shutting her locker, she found a quiet place to eat. She opened her lunchbox and found inside a guilty-looking fairy, her face covered with cupcake icing and cracker crumbs. “Sara!” Katie exclaimed. “You’ve eaten my recess!”
Sara looked up at Katie. “Sorry! I was bored and then I got hungry!” she said as she flew out of the lunchbox. “Can I come to class with you?” she asked eagerly. Katie was mortified when she thought of what her fairy friend might do if she let her. “No Sara, I have science next, it’s too dangerous for you.” Katie said calmly. Sara hung her head sadly.
“Okay,” she said. The bell rang and Katie headed off to science class. They were doing the hydrogen pop test. Katie waited with her group for the teacher to come in with their equipment. She did return, but with no equipment.
“I can’t find what we need. It’s all gone missing,” she said with a frown. Katie groaned inwardly. Sara must be behind this. Katie looked up and saw a spark rising from the table in the equipment room, which their teacher had left open. Katie was about to point it out when there was a deafening BANG! Katie jumped and in the confusion that followed she slipped away into the equipment room and found Sara, flat against the corner of the ceiling, looking scared. “I didn’t mean to!” she cried. “I just found some metal stick things and some water and a test tube. When I put them together they exploded!” she explained. Katie couldn’t keep back a giggle.
“Sara, you put in too many magnesium strips and that liquid was methylated spirits. I told you science was too dangerous,” she said. Sara sighed.
“I know, but I wanted to see what you do at your school,” she protested. Katie nodded.
“I know, but you would learn a lot more if you listened instead,” she explained. Sara nodded. “Come and help me clean up,” Katie said. Sara did as she was told and ventured to Katie’s next few classes, but this time she sat and listened. Finally, the end of the day came and the two weary students made their way home. “That was fun,” Sara piped up. “I should come with you to school tomorrow,” she beamed. Katie groaned.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!