Monster In The Basement

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

MONSTER IN THE BASEMENT
It was 12.00 0’clock at night. Mum and dad were asleep, but I was wide awake thinking about story to send for write4fun. I was staring at the dark ceiling, deep in thoughts. Suddenly, I heard a faint noise coming under my bed. I rolled over and checked under the bed, I saw nothing but darkness. I sat up, stretched a little, I got off my bed and switched on the lights. I heard the sound again and this time I figured out that it wasn’t under my bed, it was under my room, in the basement!
I slowly left the room. As I was heading down stairs I heard the familiar sound again. I was scared and slowly reached to the spooky basement, I turned the lights on. Something caught my attention behind carton boxes. I took few steps forward. There were a pair of blue innocent looking eyes, two little ears, a black nose, four sharp teeth poking out of a mouth.
It was a monster! It was as surprised as I was, but didn’t look as scared as me. Without knowing I was walking towards it. It was watching every move I did. I walked closer to it. It slowly held its hand out, I understood that it was asking me to help. I put out my shivering hand and held it’s furry paw, pulled it up and made it stand. It looked weak and hungry.
We slowly but silently walked to my parent’s bedroom which was right next to mine. Just as I opened the creaking door, my mom mumbled “ Who is it? ”. I switched on the lights.
“ It’s me “ I said. My dad sat up.
“What did you do now“ he asked. I told them about the monster.
“Where is it?” asked my mum.
I realised that I have left the monster outside the bedroom, so I carefully dragged it in. My mum repeated “where is it?”
Then my father reached for his phone and announced, “April 1st, time 12:10 a.m. Nice way of a prank “ he added.
“Well then, time to sleep” my mum called out.
“But Mum......” I started.
“Time to sleep I said” interrupted my mum ‘I have to do something’ I thought.
“I’m hungry” I lied.
“Then go find something to eat in the kitchen, now lights off and good night.” she said
I went to the kitchen with the monster following me. I opened a cupboard, tried to pull a heavy steel bowl to look for the food. It fell on my toe! I screamed and fainted.
I woke up screaming, Mum and dad next to my bed. I realised that it was a dream! I jumped out of bed and hugged my Mum and dad. The coincidence, it was April 1st but 7:30 a.m. As I told them about my dream they laughed. They gave me an amazing idea that my dream would be a perfect story for write4fun.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!