Washed Away

It was the day to leave for the coast. Nancy was dreading it. She was a terrible swimmer so she decided to bring her green bucket; her orange spade to build sandcastles; and a white flute to play music. Milly, Tim and Daylen couldn’t wait, Nancy however was nervous.
It took a long time to get there because they lived four hours away from the coast. They eventually got there. Nancy got out the bucket and the, spade and took them down to the beach and had to climb up the huge sand dunes back up to the car to take the white flute out of the blue car. Her mum and dad set up the big blue family tent.
“Dad please don’t make me go too far out in the deep,’’ whispered Nancy.
‘’Okay,’’ said dad with a smile.
He picked her up and carried her out into the deep sea. But her dad did not see that there were no flags and more importantly no lifeguards! He threw her out of his big strong arms and into the big wave that was coming. “I can’t swim,’’ cried Nancy as she was flung into the wave. Nancy was scared, she hoped it would go quickly to shore but it wasn’t quick, It wasn’t even going to shore it was caught in the rip. It was then that her dad found out that there were no lifeguards and no flags. Oh no thought dad “HELPPP” shouted dad as he ran back to tell the family. The family did not know what to do so they cried for help but the beach was deserted and no one could hear them. The town was far off at least half an hour away. Nancy was going to be washed away even too far for a lifeguard! Nancy was going to drown Dad felt so guilty that he was the one who was trying the hardest. Everyone's hearts were pounding so hard.
Everyone was scared that Nancy would be gone forever. Daylen was already thinking of the funeral decorations. Everyone was puffed from running for the sand was making them slower. Then dad had an idea…
They ran back to the tent and got the bucket and spade and Nancy’s flute. Dad threw the bucket and spade up at the lifeguard centre and broke a window. Mum played the flute. “What’s the problem?’’ shouted a man.
“Our daughter got washed away,” shouted Dad.
“Okay I’ll get the lifeguard siren,” shouted the man. There was a deafening sound BEEP BEEP BEEP “Calling all lifeguards to the beach shore” BEEP BEEP BEEP. All of a sudden lifeguards were going into the deep blue sea. Two minutes passed when lifeguards emerged from the sea one carrying girl under his arm. “Nancy” cried her dad at the same time as they wrapped a towel around her. “Dad,” cried Nancy.
The next day Nancy was playing on the sand.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!