A Typical Guy's Life

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

It was 2:55pm in the afternoon when Mrs G (I.JOE)’s class finished. Everyone was relieved to hear the bell go, even Arthur Creed was relieved. Mrs G on the other hand wasn’t. A herd of year 6 boys came running towards the gate, pushing everything in front away. Luckily for me and Adan, we were the last ones to get out of the school ground.
Oh, how I wished this day would come more quickly. I couldn’t wait to sit on the couch and watch Danger Mouse all day. While I was day-dreaming, I smashed, head first into a fence. “Awwwwww. That looked like it hurt. Hey what’s that on your face?” Adan asked, taking a piece of paper of my face. “Dear Reader. If you are reading this it means you have been invited to the new festival in Hero Hill Park. If you want to come take one of these tickets at the bottom of the paper” Adan read. We both looked down at the paper. What tickets? There were no tickets anywhere. “Don’t worry Adan” I said. “I’ve got a crazy plan that might just work!” “Why don’t we just ask someone for a ticket?” Adan asked. “Last time I did that, I got punched in the head” I said.
My plans always work, well not always; maybe 10% of my plans work, but this plan was going to work. I knew 1 person in town who got a ticket, so my plan was to steal that ticket from her. “Bond, James Bond” I said making a gun shape out of my hands, behind the back door. “You do realize that this is your house” Adan said. “No I didn’t” I said, sarcastically. “My sister Ellen bought two tickets the other day, for her and her boyfriend, Brad Stevenson. Adan, if I don’t come back alive, tell my story” I said, and entered the building. I knew my sister’s room was covered in boy pictures and perfume, but there was nothing so horrible than seeing pictures of them kissing. I was surrounded by horrible sights, but then I saw it, the engagement ring. I puked several times in my mouth. I quickly grabbed the tickets and ran out of the room. By the time we got to the park it was 4:05pm. I can’t believe it, my plan worked and lucky for us, we were the first people in line. Adan and I took a sigh of relief. It looked like nothing was going to ruin this day, or so I thought. I looked into the distance and saw my, my, sister! I tried to hide myself behind Adan but it didn’t work, she could see me from 60km away. My punishment was horrifying. I had to do the chores for a month, I had to write I’m sorry, I’ll never steal again, 600 times a day and I had to come to the wedding. What would you do on your last day of school?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!