Mutter Mutter


Little words spoken like butterflies escaping from a prison cage, but at the last second, their wings snag onto the edges of the steely cage and they are caught, and they flail in the promise of light. That was what they called her. Mutter Mutter.
Always speaking, never heard. Her voice, like wind on a summer’s day. You could hear it whisper and tickle the edge of your ear, but only quite. And never quite enough.
Her mind was always full, always dreaming. Of butterflies that flew across streams and paddocks with nothing to weigh their blissful hearts down. And that one day she would be that butterfly, daintily flying in the breeze.
Mutter Mutter.
Fly away and flutter.
Somewhere only hearts can be heard.
Where voices that are spoken not with words, but with eyes as they meet one another.
With caresses as they touch.
And mouths as they kiss.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!