Jack's BIG Disaster

Jack is a stingy man and he got a job at the mine last week. He was so excited that he tripped over when he was getting ready. You could tell that he was in a hurry by the look on his face.
Oh I didn’t mention he’s got five friends, their names are Bill, Fred, Burt, Hugh and James Jnr. All six of them use to work at Subway, but now they all work at the mine. On Tuesday it was Jack’s first day at the mine, he was so excited that when he was running, he was knocking everyone over, on to the rusty old ground.
Jack tripped over a BIG, HARD, HEAVY rock. It moved and moved and moved again all the way down into a deep, dark hole. Nothing happened. “Phew,” gasped Jack, rubbing his hand across his forehead. SUDDENLY a LOUD rumbling sound was heard. 15 GINORMOUS rocks dropped down on top of him, he was DOOMED.
Fortunately he had his lantern and pickaxe to dig out of there. While he was digging his way out, he dug into a water pipe. It burst out, he tried to hastily dig a hole, but he couldn’t, you couldn’t hear a thing, he wasn’t breathing. He opened his eyes, he was in a strange position. Two GIANT rocks pinned his right arm and his left leg down, but he kicked his pickaxe into his left hand and he cracked open BIG, HEAVY, HARD rocks.
Jack saw a rope hanging down, it was all of his five friends saving him. When he got home, his boss didn’t fire him or get ANGRY at him. They celebrated, he threw a big party at 7.30 PM. He hated his job at the mine, it was like a dream come true, Jack’s boss loves him, but now he's definitely going to always be safe from now on. 20 years later, Jack bought a new mine for $400,015, but he’s definitely not working at the mine again, instead he got a job at Maccas.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!