Paper Escape

“Bang, bang, bang!” I heard loud guns firing constantly and saw Japanese and German soldiers surrounding the nearby area where seven of the Australians were reloading their guns but in the corner of my eye, a Japanese soldier and an Australian were laying in the dirty ground, playing dead. But then I realised they actually were dead.
I turned my back quickly to see if the Australians had been taken. In relief I saw that they had got away. Then in a dark shadow I saw…Hitler. I remembered him. He was the reason we were here and I was furious at him. We had to leave our families because of him. Little did I know that a Japanese soldier was right behind me then, it was lights out for me.
“Huh, huh!”I woke up with a huge shock.
“Wow settle down. What happened to you?” a gentle voice questioned.
“Um I got knocked out, I think. Who are you?” I replied.
“I am Jim. Here write a letter to your family,” he suggested.
“Thanks!”
Dear Family
I have been captured and am in camp 2. I am allowed to write you a letter but I am unable to send it to you because now I am in prison camp. If I die I will ask a friend to send it to you to let you know. I shall blow you kisses every day starting now. Love you all and miss you all.
I wrapped up the piece of paper and put it in my bag. I already tried to escape four times. The first time they knocked me out. The second time they nipped my left shoulder. The third time they threatened to shoot me. The fourth time they had knocked me out way to hard, it could of killed me. It was torture plus I was as skinny as a stick. I had been there for 82 days and it was the most horrific days of my life.
Then I saw Aussies running towards us. I heard voices shouting, screaming and crying with relief. WE HAD WON. I dropped to the ground and bawled out tears of joy. I couldn’t believe it. I cried all of the way home.
As I was walking down the street to my family, I dropped to my knees and prayed, “Thank you God, Amen” I knocked on my family’s door. My mum opened the door and the rest of the family came running and gave me a big hug. I was so happy to be home and felt cheeky how I sent them a letter while I was at war. The guards did not know that I had made it into a paper aeroplane and flew it to out of the camp to the Australians who sent it home for me. It sits on my wall and I call it the paper escape.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!