Margaret Fox Missing

I was sitting in the office playing with my pens when Millie put a file on my desk, “New case, check it out,” ordered Millie. I opened the file and Millie walked away, a picture of a girl with long hair and dark blue dress lay at the top of the file. At the bottom of the photo, it said ‘MISSING’. “A missing person’s case,” I mumbled to myself. “Margaret Fox,” said a familiar voice. “Hello Miss Cast,” I replied. “I want you on this case straight away, no time for dilly dallying, off you go!” said Miss Cast in a stern voice.
I was given a map made in the 1600 hundreds because this place has lay undiscovered for years, but as a Secret Agent anything is possible. I drove four hours east until I reached the small town of Multah. The little town had a set of shops, there were house and a huge abandoned theme park. “How come I take all the lame cases?”
I went and checked into my hotel, it was a dull grey building with no interesting features. I walked through the door and a man came rushing over to me. “I’ll take your bags miss...?” he asked. “Fox, Margaret Fox,” I said. The man had black hair with brown eyes, he seemed nice. “My name is Mitch,” said Mitch. Mitch lead me to my room, he dropped my bag by a four poster and said goodbye.
I decided to walk to the missing person’s house. I knocked on the door, two ladies opened it they said nothing. They took me up to the girl’s room. “What is the lady’s name that I’m looking for?” I asked, “It wasn’t in my file.” “Clare Drin, here’s her room, help yourself,” one lady said. The room had a bed in the corner, a bookcase and a desk with a blank piece of blank paper underneath a lamp. The paper had a yellowy tinge. I turned the lamp on and pointed it towards the paper, after a few minutes a message appeared, it said ‘spooky coaster’, Clare had used invisible ink! I ran down the stairs to the two ladies. “Is there something called the spooky coaster?” I asked. “Yes, it used to be a ride at the theme park.” “Thank you,” I replied and walked out of the room, but I heard something that made me suspect, “She’ll never find Clare, we hid her too well!” said one maid. Suspicious!
I found the amusement park and a switch that turned the whole place on! I found the spooky coaster, I got into a cart. It went into a room of spiders, then into another with icicles dangling off the ceiling. I jumped off the cart then I saw someone tied to an icicle, she had blonde hair and was wearing a jumper and jeans. I got out my pocket knife and untied her. “Are you Clare Drin?” I asked. “Yes my two maids took me here.” “The police are on their way,” I said. The maids were arrested but escaped prison a few days later...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!