When The Dinosaurs Were Around

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Once upon a time when the dinosaurs were on earth, there lived a little girl called Ella. Ella was kind and caring, Ella wore leaves tied together by vines for pants and bark stuck together by T-Rex spit [I honestly have no idea how she got T-Rex spit] as a top. One day Ella was wondering through the jungle when she heard a rattle. The rattling was definitely not a dinosaur because they make big thud sounds. She went closer to see what it was and she suddenly got a fright, it was another human. It was a boy looking as frightened as can be. Ella hid so he wouldn’t see her but he saw her anyway. Ella introduced herself. They started to talk; they talked all day about how he got there and what his talents are. The next day Ella woke up and didn’t see the boy then she heard a scream. The boy was in a T-Rex’s mouth. The boy thought he was going to get eaten so he said to Ella, “You are an amazing person and you have a fabulous history and also my name is Robert.” Ella started to like him more from what he said, so she ran to try and help him but she was too slow but then she bounced on a bouncy leaf and landed on the T-Rex. Ella stabbed and tied up the T-Rex. The T-Rex fell to the ground and Robert fell out of his mouth. Robert was badly injured; the T-Rex bit Robert in the leg and the tooth was still in his leg. Ella knocked Robert out so she could pull the tooth out of his leg; Ella wiped and bandaged his leg.
The next day Ella was wondering how Robert even got there, how Robert was even alive [If you’re wondering how Ella was made, she was made from the leaves of the earth]. When Robert woke up, she asked how he was alive and where he came from. He replied with, “I come from the land called Melbourne and my mum gave birth to me.”
“What is a mum?” said Ella. Robert replied with, “A mum is a person that is the boss of you and who gave birth to you, which makes you alive.” Robert wondered if Ella wanted to go to Melbourne so he asked her and she said, “Yes.” Ella wondered how to get there and Robert said, “You have to go through the glass above us and you will be there,” so they did exactly that. Ella was scared and amazed, so she ran around everywhere buying stuff from shops and eating all the different food. Ella went to Roberts’s house and saw his parents. She was frightened that they wouldn’t like her or something, but they loved talking about her history. Ella was walking down the road then she fell in the hole that they came up in and stayed there because she couldn’t find her way up.
Imagine the end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!