New Neighbour

It was just another day in my boring quiet street, after I put out the bins, a car came skidding into the driveway. Inside it were two men and a woman. I went over to meet our new neighbours, you know, just to welcome them to our street, but when I knocked, nobody answered. But lucky tonight is my favourite night, Halloween, which makes everything easier. I went home to tell mum. She said we will give them a block of chocolate tonight to welcome them.
“That sounds good,” I said, “anyway, I’m going to my friend’s house to tell him what’s going on.”
My best friend’s name is Deakin. He said that what I told him was creepy. Deakin said he will come to welcome our neighbours tonight. I take him to my house. Mum is ready to go say, “Hi” and welcome them. We walk up to their door and ring the doorbell. They answer and we give them the chocolate. They just took the chocolate and slammed the door.
“How rude was that!?” Mum said. We went home with huge suspicion. We were worried and concerned about the new neighbours. Mum wants to call the cops but I want to investigate on my own. They haven’t even given us a name.
I’m getting ready to go over and knock again but without mum this time. Maybe mum being there might have had something to do with it. I’m at their doorstep making my final decision. I’m going in.
I’m at my feet knocking on the door. Someone answers. It’s the man. He invites me in. I take a seat across from him. His house smells like garbage and already looks old. I ask him for a name but he doesn’t reply. I say nothing.
I tell him I have to go, but he says, “Why go so soon?”
He continues, “Go if you must, but the front door is locked and I don’t have a key.”
I tell him to unlock the door but he says “No!”
I run, jump out the kitchen window, the fence to my yard and go straight in the door.
As soon as I get home, I tell mum to call the cops. I was that shocked I couldn’t say why she should call the cops. The cops went to their doorstep and knocked and no one answered. They thought we were crazy. There was no car or nothing in the house, which is awesome but bad at the same time. They’re gone.
I’ve got no worries but I’ll never find out where they went and where the girl went. Okay what a crazy week that was.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!