The Great Friendship

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

One miserable afternoon, John (the man who was as strong as hulk, had an oval face, bum chin and glasses) was on his old rusty tractor. It was the year 2015, which made the tractor 45 years old. It never starts, but today it started, but at that moment the battery fell out and smashed. “What do I do now?” John said in an angry way. So without anything to do he went into town on his pink bicycle. On the way there, he saw lots of people laughing at him. Once in town John bought a drink from the general store and rode home again.
Once home, he went to bed because he got woken up by his rooster at 2am in the morning. After about 3 hours he was awoken by a crashing noise outside near the barn. “What on earth was that?” So he went to where all the noise was coming from. “WOW, in fact it’s not from Earth!” When he said that, a figure appeared out of the meteor that was as slimy as a snail covered in slime. “I want you to take me to your leader,” said the alien. John replied, “You’ve got no hope, because our leader is Tony Abbott.” So the alien walked up to John and said that he can be the leader and that meant the alien would be his friend. So they walked to the park for an ice-cream but the alien that John named Sam, didn’t have one, instead he had a cat on a clown. After that, the two best friends took a walk on the beach and scared all the people away for fun. “What shall we do John?” “Don’t know, what should we do Sam?” So the two friends sat down and they thought and thought and thought, until John said, “How about we go and watch the Big Bang Theory marathon?” Sam replied, “What is the Big Bang Theory?” John didn’t reply because it had already started, and by watching it Sam would know what it is.
After watching season 1 episode 1 through to the very latest episode, Sam had a few ideas of how his home worked. That night John set up a bed for Sam on his couch but he thought it was the toilet and the floor was the bed. John was pretty angry about that but he forgave him because he was an alien and he didn’t know anything.
The next morning John asked Sam if he had something that would fix his life. “For you, anything my friend. What would you like fixed?” “Everything,” John replied. Sam brought out a gun of some sort and shot John in the heart. When John woke up, his barn and house were fixed, he had lots of money and good clothes to wear, and he finally got a girlfriend that he always wanted. “Thank-you for everything you’ve done,” said John into the sky. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!