Saturated

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Hi, my name is Skye and I am 12 years old. I have brown hair, blue eyes and a very irritating and aggravating brother who is turning seven in three weeks. My job before school is to put away all of the clothes in the cupboards. But lately I have gone to put them away and they have mysteriously been saturated. Something’s up and I am going to find out what it is no matter what!
So, like I said, the last couple of days I have gone to put clothes away and the basket has been saturated. This morning I was running late for school so I quickly hung the clothes out on the line, twenty minutes later they were dry. I put them on and went to school and like usual my little, ugly brother Jason wanted to come to school with me, but I was running late so I said no. I got half way to school when I saw Bridgett, my best friend. She looked at me with a disgusted look on her face. I knew something was up. She looked at me again and then backed away and after a couple of minutes she shrieked, “YOU SMELL!” I was surprised at what she had said, but she was definitely right, I couldn’t go to school smelling like that.
The next night when I awoke to get a drink, I heard a rustling noise in the laundry. I ran down stairs and there in the middle of the room where the laundry basket was, I saw Jason peeing in it. I could not believe my eyes! No wonder my clothes stunk yesterday! I immediately screamed and yelled for mum, she came running from her bedroom and into the laundry. She picked up Jason and took him to the toilet. I had to do something about it because he had been doing it for days and I hadn’t realised. That’s when I had the perfect idea to lock him in his bedroom so he couldn’t pee in the basket. I didn’t tell mum because she would disagree and get angry, so the next night that is what I did.
I was reading my book on my desk until mum and dad went to bed, so they wouldn’t see me lock the door of Jason’s room. Once everyone was settled, I ran downstairs and locked the door. I set my alarm for 6:00 so I could unlock it before mum came in to wake Jason. If my plan worked, it was going to be the most excellent idea of my life. In the morning, I ran down to his room and unlocked his door but I was having second thoughts about it. As the door opened, I smelled the worst smell of my life coming from Jason’s cupboard. I held my breath and opened it; a huge flood of wee came bursting out. I can tell you one thing, I was in mum’s bad books.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!