That Day

That day something happened, something came down from the sky and it’s my job to investigate it. I work for the BSSAIS, or the Bureau of Strange Sightings and Investigator Squad. I’m Chief Investigator and senior archaeologist. My crack team of investigators and I came to the scene of the impact to find a small, tall shaped thing in the shape of a curve. "Might be radioactive," I thought, "better take this to the lab." So once we pick up the yellow thing, (and took a few selfies with it) we did some tests while our amateur researchers tried to find out what the yellow thing is.
Back at the lab, while we were walking through the door, our radioactive radio alarm went off. We started to take our things off, one by one, and not long after we were down to are bare essentials and our yellow thing.
My partner and wife, Linda, soon realised that it was the yellow thing and screamed with all her might. She was as pale as a, well, pale thing. When suddenly she fainted and hit the self-destruct button. “T-minus two hours until self-destruct.” The computer beeped “Why!” said one of our researchers, who just walked in the room. “Oh, by the way, the yellow thing is a banana and has a lot of potassium so it could be radioactive. It’s found on Earth and can be eaten when the skin is peeled off.
Then one hour and 47 minutes later our spy came back from Asta and wondered what happened. I said “My wife fainted and hit the self-destruct button!” Our spy, Gary, was in awe and then shouted,” I won the bet, and now you owe me 900 kets!” “Ain’t nobody got time for that!” I shouted in rage. “We don’t have time for the, but we do have time for about ten minutes of Clash of Clans.” Until the computer went “T-minus nine minutes until self-destruct.” Suddenly my face turned blood red. “God dang it, now I can’t play Clash of Clans! And I was about to be promoted the Masters III!”
Then a funny man in a white suit stopped the countdown and said, with a grin on his face.
‘Got you! You should have seen your faces! Ha, ha, ha, HA!” Then I reached for my plasma cannon and, let’s just say, he’s no more, and in commemoration of him we have a whole day committed to pranking the inhabitants of other planets on April the 1st.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!