True Friendship

Finalist in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

Excitedly I planned ahead for the new girl to arrive.
It started out so well for her, then things began to dive.
One lunchtime she was on her own, looking sad and so alone.
Nervously I went and asked, "Please can I sit down?"
She smiled at me and made some space, friendship was born that day.
Six years of high school and never a fight, it was meant to be that way.
Through boyfriends, marriages, then babies, our friendship never wavered.
We would always be there for each other, offering solace or for favours.
Decades have passed, our eyes are dim, our hair has now turned grey.
But, oh! some things will never change, as we await our final days.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!