Saved But Not Loved

I asked myself if this was right, if what I was about to do would satisfy him. My heart cried in pain and the heaviness of undying love had conflicted my brain. Can I do this? I continuously asked myself. If only someone would answer me this. The word 'humiliation' was set on replay in my head and would startle the tears that start to trickle down my pale but rosy cheeks. The sound of silence polluted the air, sweat started travelling through the creases in my hands and trail down my face. I could hear the casual cough from the audience and the deafening sound of babies crying. I began to tremble. My legs felt like crooked wire and my hands like bent forks. I could feel the vomit lodged in my throat, begging to come out. I stepped onto the stage. I paced my footsteps as I made my way into the middle. I drew in a breath and began.. " Saved but not loved, he showed me what it was like to be in love but not to be saved from love himself ". It was quiet for a few seconds, then the scream of applause grumbled through the theatre. I took a step back and wiped the sweat from my face with the back of my hand. I glimpsed at him and he smiled, the never ending fear had left my body and I smiled back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!