Rainbows Are The New Black

I'm what you call a emo, a socially awkward, sarcastic, lover of black clothing outcast to society. I'm not like a stereotypical over emotional wreck like everyone seems to think I am, I just have a different opinion on what life really is. But my whole life changed just a week ago...
I was just sitting in my room listening to some heavy metal when I saw something out of the corner of my eye, I picked it up and it was a bottle of rainbow glitter. I cringed,'How could something be so colourful' I thought. The label on the bottle said 'Pour me' and I wasn't the kind of person to judge a bottle so I poured on top of me and... Nothing happened. I was disappointed so sat down on my bed, but then everything started to go in slow motion "What the.." I said as I fell to the floor. I woke up everything was blurry, I rubbed my eyes and realized this was not my room. The grass was a shimmering green ,the sky was a light baby blue and the air smelt of sugar. I nearly puked, my legs felt like jelly but I still managed to stand up. "Where am I?" I said "Your in Glitter Vile" a squeaky voice said below me "AHHHH" I screamed as I looked down at the tiny creature, it seemed to be a Pig "Well hi there my names Jelly beans the 23rd" it said "Um hi? can you help me I don't know where I am" I sighed "I told you! your in Glitter Vile" Jelly beans said "But how do I get out of here?!?" I yelled "Why would you want to leave?" Jelly beans said "Ugh! I wish I never sprinkled that stupid glitter on me!" I yelled "WHAT?!" It squealed "Was it rainbow glitter?!" "Um yes?" I said. "OH MY GUACAMOLE, YOUR'E THE CHOSEN ONE!" Jelly beans screamed "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT MY ENTIRE LIFE!" "What?" I said. "I guess you don't know the ancient story, its said that one day a angel with come and save us from all the horrible monsters!" it shrieked "What, no I'm not a angel!" I yelled. Just then a gigantic monster jumped ran towards and grabbed Jelly Beans, "OH NO, PLEASE I BEG YOU MR MONSTER DON'T EAT ME!" Jelly beans screamed "PLEASE SAVE ME!". "WHAT DO I DO?!" I panicked, I paced around looking for something, anything! When I saw my earphones hanging out of my pocket, I climbed up on to the monsters neck and put the earphones into its huge ears "UGH, WHAT IS THIS HORRIBLE SOUND?!" the monster shouted. After a couple of seconds it fell to the floor and fainted, Jelly Beans ran over to me, "I knew you were our savior!" it shrieked as it hugged my leg contently. "Ha, thanks" I sighed. So now I guess this is my life now,Don't get me wrong I'm still a emo but now and again I find that bottle of glitter in my room. I guess I'll have to put up with Glitter Vile then, ha ha fun. I'm Jessica and I'm what you call a monster fighting, emo.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!