Kin Fight

Vivi’s black hair swirled around her as the wind lashed out. Abdallah the evil wind god attacked her. “Die weakling! Retreat!” Abdallah bellowed, his voice echoing through the valley. “Never,” she yelled up to him. As she said this a flash erupted around her. Vivi rose to the sky and her body was transformed. When the white cloud that had covered her body disappeared, she now recognised herself as the wind goddess. They fought each other with new fury, blast after blast! As soon as the sun started to set Abdallah faltered, just for a second, but a second was enough for Vivi. She threw all she could muster at him! He fell to the ground so hard that the force of his fall created a ravine. Vivi’s blue eyes glinted as she sank to the ground in a heap of exhaustion. The forest that covered the valley soon came to life. Bird’s sung for the first time in months and with a sigh Vivi fell into a deep sleep.
After sunrise Vivi woke up. There were no birds singing, only a shadow growing over her. She looked up and to her astonishment Abdallah was above her. He cackled, “You think I’m fragile, don’t you?” Vivi left the question unanswered, and instead attacked. Their fight went on for hours and hours, a day, a night, another day.
Finally at midnight on the second night Abdallah was struck down again. As he fell to the ground Vivi answered his question, “Yes, I do. You are powerless, not deserving of any title. Good or bad". This time his body landed without a sound. Vivi flew down to him swiftly and lifted the grey mask that covered his face. She stared spellbound.
“Brother?” she whispered her voice barely audible. Abdallah’s face looked like her long lost brother, Fay. He had disappeared on his eleventh birthday, and had gone into these very woods and never returned. Vivi had tried to find him. She had looked for his loving face and mischievous eyes. She had now found him, a lying, evil god with no heart. Vivi wondered how such a kind, young boy could become such an evil monster.
Over the years she had wondered if he still lived. His face had become a distant memory, so had everything else. Except what they had done together; put stones in Henry Barber’s shoes, added snails to Mrs Pottery’s vegetable garden and a lot of other things. She smiled gloomily and gave one last look at her brother’s dead face. Then Vivi walked reluctantly into the lush, dense forest.
As soon as she had disappeared out of sight Fay’s body rose up into the stormy clouds forming in the sky. From a gap in the clouds two orange eyes appeared, their owner growled, “I am not as dead as you think, sister!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!