Kitsune The Nine Tail

A long time ago, there was a fox. Not just any fox, but a nine tailed fox. One night the poor fox was injured. It limped to a temple that worships the gods of death. It waited for the end of it's time on earth, but it never came. Instead, a young girl wearing a kimono came to the foxes aid. She girl had long brown hair and eyes the colour of the deepest ocean. The girl picked up the fox and took it home. When she got there, she nocked on the door and her father opened it. She showed her dad the fox but her father turned his nose up in disgust. "You have disgraced our family name by picking 'THAT' up!" He yelled at his daughter.

A tear rolled down the young girls cheek. Once it reached the end, it dropped and hit the foxes dark red fur. The fox opened it's eyes, revealing it's light green eyes. It's fur changed to a golden colour and it's tails shined in the moonlight. The young girl stared wide eyed at this. She couldn't believe it. The girl gently placed it down, scared something would happen to her. The fox started growing. It grew and grew until it was as big as an elephant.

The fox growled at the father and spoke in English, "What kind of father makes his daughter cry?!" The fox howled. It felt a tug on one of it's tails. The fox looked behind and saw the girl tugging at one. The fox realised she was scared. It turned around and comforted her. After, the girl hugged the fox and smiled. This made the fox remember something. He looked up at the moon and it started crying. It's pups had disappeared when it was attacked. He looked at the girl and whimpered, "I have no name, I do not have the ability to look for my pups. Especially now that I'm injured." The girl could see the glow of the tails were fading.

The girl heard her father call out "Don't do it! It's a trick!" The girl looked into the foxes eyes and saw it's tears were real and it's eyes showed pain. The girl opened her mouth and spoke. "I name you Kitsune." All around her and the fox, a warm blue light surrounded them. The fox cried with joy "I accept the name Kitsune!" The blue light died down. Leaving the girl dumbfounded. Kitsune the nine tailed fox looked at her and asked "Now, if I may ask, what is your name my dear child?" The girl hesitated for a second, then she said "Sakura." Kitsune smiled. "Well, Sakura, I hope we meat again, no, I'm sure we'll meet again. Thank you for the name, I must look for my pups now. Farewell." The girl was pleased to see the fox happy. She turned to her father and said, "We have been blessed by a god, father. We shall have good fortune!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!