Peace And War

My heartfelt cold as tears welled in my eyes.
I am thinking of you throughout the dark of the night.
I feel my temperature rise as hope crawls up my spine.
I wipe my tears away, hoping faith can be mine.
I get no sleep at night, because my bed feels like stone.
And now I feel like I’ve broken all of my aching bones.
My sore eyes fall shut, I feel like I’m dead.
Millions of thoughts are rushing through my head.
As our hero’s red blood hits the soft grass of a battlefield we shalt cry, our hearts pour out to them as they die.
As they fall their soles reach up to heaven, because those warriors have done the right thing.
Any innocent man that goes to war will die with respect in their name.
Now, being as brave as a lion should grant them respect and fame.
The act of war is not to be glorified, all it brings is grief, pain and sorrow.
Peace and tolerance are the key to happiness only then shall prosperity follow.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!