James Carns And The Maid Of Wisdom

It was cold in the room, the lights flickered on and off. James came sitting on a door step with a scar shaped like a tick above his forehead. A loud painful scream came echoing through the windows.
It had been nearly 11 years, when James turn 4 he had been treated like a bag of flour to the Adams. James was extremely skinny, he had tuffs of hair that stuck out in every direction. But his cousin, Altus was plump, fat and looked like a pig.
His aunt and uncle where both hideous. James knew his life was ruined. He had no parents. What was worst?
But it all changed, on his 12 birthday, a large women came bursting into the room blabbering about hogs with warts. Then, announced that James was going to Hoffworms. She pushed James outside to see a large ugly slug with wings.
“What is this?”
“A slubug. She blurted out loudly. “Well do hurry up.”
James jumped on. The lady jumped on too. She pulled out a shiny blue jar and spoke
“Huffworms.”
James was found in a large room he sat down on a large table that said
“Worm breath.”
He found a friend while searching for a magic slip.
“I’m Rossi Weal.” The boy talked extremely fast.
“James Carns.”
The boy looked speechless, he was also peering at James forehead. James pulled back his fringe. Rossi’s mouth fell open, while spitting out words.
“Hello.”
“You’re famous!”
“What?!”
“Yes. You are famous.”

When walking to the dorms Rossi wouldn’t stop talking. When Rossi was asleep, James crept down stairs to a little chamber in the wall. He open it a large maid was chained to the wall.
“Set me free.” It chanted.
“No.”
“No! You asked for it.” The ghost pulled out a large wooden stick and James was banged in the head.
A week later, he woke up in the shed, owned to the Adams. What had happened? Well, that was just the beginning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!