That's When I Knew It

Everything is blurry and fuzzy. Am I dead? Is this heaven? Am I dreaming? or is this real? Where are my parents??where is my mother? with her comforting smile and loving heart. My reliable father with his great care for our family. My annoying brother with his sense of humour. My younger sister with her Joyful laughter. All those unanswered questions travelling through my head, buzzing in my brain. where is everyone? where am I? Why did they all leave me alone?
I try to lift my leg from its lying position. I can feel the burning pain shooting up my leg like a dagger finding its way to my heart. I tilted my head to the other side so I could look around. All I can see is a glimpse of the desk next to me. I try to scream for help but when I open my mouth nothing comes out. I stay quiet in hope that someone will help me. I don't know how long I've been waiting like this, it feels like ages.
On the other side of the room I start hearing voices whispering but I'm not sure if it's real or if I’m hallucinating. I pushed all my thoughts away so I can listen to their whispers. Their voices are so soft like angels singing. I try to pick up the conversation but I only hear random words. “Few days left... die... bones... five... weak... blood vessels... cells... physical... care... health... bad... depressed... shocked... no cure... miracle... brave... believe... hope... illness...” That’s when I knew it. It wouldn't take a genius to figure it out. Cancer.
A burst of emotions ran through my head. Fear, It's frightening. Cancer, lots of people have it and most of them die. Is that going to happen to me? Disbelief, I can't believe it. Me! cancer! No way I always stay fit. I am the healthiest of all my family members. Guilt, what caused it? Who is to blame? Is it me? Wasn't I healthy enough or is it because of all the bad things I did? Sadness and anger, how can God let this happen to me. I always go to church on Sundays. I believed in him, I believed in his promises. But why would it matter now, it is all gone, everything. All my loved ones, my family, my friends, my school, my teachers, my dance career and all the precious memories. They are all gone. I always wondered how I will die and how I would feel In my last moments but I never expected it to be like this. I fear that my end is near...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!