Unconditional

I loved the way his hands felt when they ran through my hair, and the way he would always know exactly what to say to make me feel better. I loved when he would call me in the middle of the night just to tell me that he loved me, or how much he missed me even if we had only said goodbye a few hours before. I loved the way the he loved me unconditionally.
But I hated the way that he left me. Broken, vulnerable, alone.
I had loved him with my whole being, uncontrollably and undeniably.
I hate that he hates me now.
I hate that I let what we had go to waste. I had what he did to me; what I did to him.
I hate that I still love him.
I hate him.
I hate myself.
I hate this feeling of emptiness that suddenly turns into sadness and anger and loneliness whenever I being to feel whole again.
I hate that I’m so vulnerable right now, and that I can’t think of him without having to cry myself to sleep. I hate that each night my pillow gets soaked by my own, heavy tears.
But I love him anyway, because that’s what unconditional love is. To love someone even though they have their flaws, and they do stupid things.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!